What is CASA
Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASAs) are volunteers trained to be advocates for children who have been abused and neglected and are under the protection of the court.
- CASAs are judge appointed
- CASAs meet with children and families
- CASAs promote children’s best interest
- CASAs monitor court compliance
The foster care and juvenile court system is filled with talented, committed, and passionate professionals. It is also a system that is overwhelmed and overburdened.
- Judges average a caseload of around 2,000 children
- Social workers must manage 30-40 families at a time
- Sumner County children average 9 months in foster care
- CASAs can reduce time in the system by 15 months
Get In Touch
Phone: (615) 451-1688
Fax: (615) 442-7719
182 West Franklin Street
Gallatin, TN 37066